Woman Jailed For Stealing Newborn Baby And Raising Her As Her Own For 20 Years (Photos) Stolen-child

A woman is facing the long arm of the law after it was revealed that she stole a newborn baby from a hospital and raised her as her own for 20 years.
A woman who pleaded guilty to kidnapping a baby from a hospital just hours after she was born has been sentenced to 18 years in jail. Gloria Williams posed as a nurse and stole Kamiyah Mobley from a Jacksonville hospital, Florida back in July 1998. She changed the girl’s name to Alexis Manigo, moved to South Carolina and raised her as her own.
Mirror Online previously reported that Kamiyah had forgiven the woman who raised her and begged the court for leniency.
And the trial was given heartbreaking evidence from her real mother as she described the emotional torment of having her child taken away from her.
Shanara Mobley told the court she thought about suicide “every day”, said she still feels the loss deeply, which worsened after watching her daughter refer to her kidnapper Gloria Williams as “mom”.
She told the court:-
“I always thought about my baby every day, every day, every day. I would catch myself in my car crying, in bed crying, taking a bath crying, doing something with her siblings and crying.
“It doesn’t heal now, I am still hurting. When you’re reaching out to my child – ‘I am your mother Kamiyah. I am your mother!’”

Ms Mobley has called for Williams to face the death penalty.
Williams, who was arrested in 2017, entered guilty pleas to charges of felony kidnapping and interference earlier this year as part of a plea deal with prosecutors.